Launched in April 2016, the Huawei P9 Lite is a widely favored Android smartphone featuring a large 5.2-inch touchscreen with a 1080 x 1920 pixel resolution.
Powered by a robust 1.7 GHz octa-core Kirin processor and 3 GB of RAM, this device offers 16GB of internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via a microSD card.
The Huawei P9 Lite
Multimedia-wise, the Huawei P9 Lite sports a 13MP rear camera and an 8MP front camera, perfect for capturing stunning selfies.
Despite its impressive features and sleek design, the Huawei P9 Lite does not officially support the OTG (On-The-Go) feature. However, third-party Android developers have discovered a method to enable OTG on the Huawei P9 Lite, boasting a 100% success rate.
We have tested this feature at Android Tutorial, and it worked flawlessly.
How to Enable OTG Support on Huawei P9 Lite
If you’re interested in enabling OTG support on your Huawei P9 Lite, follow these comprehensive steps.
Prerequisites for Enabling OTG Support on Huawei P9 Lite:
- Ensure your device is fully rooted.
- Install a file explorer, such as ES File Manager or Root Explorer.
- Download the OTG Enabler Package for the Huawei P9 Lite.
- Download the Script Runner APK for the Huawei P9 Lite.
Step-by-Step Guide to Enable OTG Support on Huawei P9 Lite:
- Extract the downloaded OTG Enabler package on your computer.
- Connect your Huawei P9 Lite to your computer, and transfer the extracted files to your phone’s storage or SD card.
- Launch Root Explorer, and move the OTG folder to the SYSTEM directory.
- Set the permissions for the OTG folder to ‘755’.
- Install the Script Runner APK on your Huawei P9 Lite.
- Open the installed Script Runner APK and follow the on-screen instructions.
Congratulations! You have successfully enabled OTG support on your Huawei P9 Lite. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to leave a comment below.