The advent of dark-mode in mobile applications has gained significant momentum in recent years, with both Google and Apple incorporating system-wide dark mode within their operating systems.
Despite these efforts, many users remain unsatisfied with the dark grey rendition provided by these tech giants, as it lacks the desired pitch-black appearance. This includes popular apps like WhatsApp, which also lacks an AMOLED black mode.
This tutorial will guide you through the process of acquiring AMOLED black WhatsApp on your Android device, particularly benefiting those with AMOLED screens seeking a pitch-black experience.
Utilizing Swift Installer for AMOLED Black WhatsApp
To achieve AMOLED black WhatsApp, we will employ a theming app called Swift Installer. Before proceeding, please note that
a) this app requires a rooted phone, and
b) it is a paid app.
If you are unwilling to spend money on this app, this guide may not be suitable for you. However, for a modest price of $1.99, Swift Installer not only enables AMOLED black for WhatsApp but also for other apps such as Playstore, Snapchat, Hangouts, Google messages, and more.
Additionally, the app allows customization of accent colors, including system-wide AMOLED black.
Implementing AMOLED Black WhatsApp Theme on Android Devices: Step-by-Step Guide
- Begin by unlocking the bootloader on your device, rooting your device, and installing TWRP Custom Recovery.
- Proceed to install Swift Installer from the Google Play Store.
- Launch the app and select the desired accent color for various applications on your device. For this guide, choose black in the dark background options.
- Tap the red circle located in the bottom-right corner and select “continue editing.”
- A list of installed apps on your device should now appear. Scroll through the list and select “WhatsApp.”
- After selecting WhatsApp, tap the red circle in the bottom-right corner once more and click “install.”
- The app will prompt you to reboot your device. Follow the instructions to complete the process.
Upon reboot, you will be greeted with a pitch-black WhatsApp theme, enhancing your user experience and optimizing AMOLED screen capabilities.